Saturday, January 14, 2006

Detox Diary - Day One - Being On Lemonade Diet

The day after Friday, 13th Jan 2006, when life gives you lemons, make lemonade. ..We friends getting started on lemonade diet, inspired by "Master Cleanser" and numerous positive posts on blogs and forums.




Motivation : Curiosity about detoxification, camaraderie

This is day one for me..
06:45 EST
176 pounds, 5' 11"
..googled to figure out how many liters is a quart
1 quart luke warm water + 2 tea spoons of uniodized sea salt. Gulped one full quart down, didn't quite time it, but did down it pretty quick. This was a cleansing aid, as suggested by "Master cleanser" to cleanse the digestive tract and preferably had to be taken first thing in the morning, empty stomach. That 1 quart almost filled me up. I guess i will have to wait a while to have my lemonade.

..Lemonade
2 table spoon of fresh preferably oraganic lime juice ( approx half lemon)
2 table spoon of genuine maple syrup ( Dark Amber Grade)
1/10 tea spoon of cayenne pepper ( red pepper)
8 oz of medium hot or cold purified water

I had been making note of, and at times using, organic food at the local grocery store which has a small but growing section for organic foods. It tastes different and tastes good. I was surprised to find the amount of oraganic food related links that came up on google. Might be a good idea to invest in some upcoming organic IPOs. I am convinced. I decided to go oraganic for the lemonade diet and made my first trip to a total oraganic store.Danny's Organic. Loved it and it was just a bonus that there was a lovely young lady at the counter.

09:26 I am hungry. About time to get cranking on my lemonade.. Posted by Picasa

1 Comments:

Blogger KT said...

Hurray!!! I made it! Today is my Second Detox Day. Yesterday was really really tough for me. I had headache several times and after 10:00 PM things went BAD! I felt like vomiting and headache was severe. I wasn’t able to open my eyes and was sensitive to lights. According to what reviews said it could be because of caffeine withdrawal. I had almost given up. I tried to have herbal tea but couldn’t even take a sip (and above all this I had cooked ALOO PARATHA and PULAV for Tulan). Finally I decided to go to sleep.

Today I woke up fresh. Morning intake of lukewarm salt water is a little torture for me. But no complaints! Lets see how rest of the day goes.

12:41 PM, January 14, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home