Saturday, September 30, 2006

Introspection

Following snippet came to me as a forwarded email and i was about to delete it as i was reading along the first few lines but decided to post it, because i ended up reading all of it.. Do i really take the ones i love for granted and give them the short end of the stick? Do I? Wondering thought.. Wandering in my mind.. I will let it wander for a bit. Here is what the forwarded email had.. Read at ease : )

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
F A M I L Y
I ran into a stranger as he passed by,"Oh excuse me please" was my reply.
He said, "Please excuse me too;I wasn't watching for you."
We were very polite, this stranger and I.We went on our way
But at home a different story is told,How we treat our loved ones, young and old.
Later that day, cooking the evening meal,My son stood beside me very still.
When I turned, I nearly knocked him down."Move out of the way," I said with a frown.
He walked away, his little heart broken.I didn't realize how harshly I'd spoken.
While I lay awake in bed,God's still small voice came to me an d said,
"While dealing with a stranger,common courtesy you use,but the family you love, you seem to abuse.Go and look on the kitchen floor, You'll find some flowers there by the door.
Those are the flowers he brought for you. He picked them himself: pink, yellow and blue.
He stood very quietly not to spoil the surprise,you never saw the tears that filled his little eyes."
By this time, I felt very small,And now my tears began to fall.
I quietly went and knelt by his bed;"Wake up, little one, wake up," I said.
"Are these the flowers you picked for me?"He smiled, "I found 'em, out by the tree.
I picked 'em because they're pretty like you.I knew you'd like 'em, especially the blue."
I said, "Son, I'm very sorry for the way I acted today; I shouldn't have yelled at you that way."
He said, "Oh, Mom, that's okay. I love you anyway."
I said, "Son, I love you too, and I do like the flowers, especially the blue." FAMILY Are you aware that if we died tomorrow, the companythat we are working for could easily replace us ina matter of days.But the family we left behind will feel the loss for the rest of their lives.
And come to think of it, we pour ourselves more into work than into our own family,an unwise investment indeed,don't you think?So what is behind the story? the word FAMILY means? FAMILY = (F)ATHER (A)ND (M)OTHER (I) (L)OVE (Y)OU
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
..I am not quite sure what happened to Grandma and Grandpa! My Grandma and Your Grandma sittin by the fire.. My Grandma told your Grandma..

4 Comments:

Blogger KT said...

I felt very small, And now my tears began to fall......

12:08 PM, September 30, 2006  
Blogger Vinod said...

familiarity breeds contempt. I know i could relate to the things mentioned in the forwarded email. The interesting thing though is, such acts of rudeness is in micro-minority. Interactions with a loved one(s) happens through out ones life and moments of rudeness definitely is there but are infrequent if not rare and i guess those moments are what keeps us human and not GOD or Mother Teresa, Don't you think so? : ). So Cheer Up! Just for the heck of it, Call Tullu up and give him a couple verbal punches.

12:19 AM, October 01, 2006  
Blogger Tulan said...

Wah re vinny...family and all...khud toh week mai 60+ hours kaam karta hai aur humko free mai senti karta hai. dude...i guess i have given you too much freedom. wait for next sunday and you shall get what you deserve... kicks on your butt. howzaaat.

5:02 AM, October 02, 2006  
Blogger Vinod said...

..my butt will be busy with GMAT. Himanshu's will be available right at the airport so have at it.

Btw starting when did you become the distributor of freedom? : ) looks like i have to take disciplinary action, and take the seat of your bike. Don't do , don't do thinking children climbing on my head! : )

11:44 AM, October 02, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home