Monday, January 16, 2006

Detox Diary - Day Two - Where there is Will There really is a way

o6:45 EST, Two days after Friday, Jan 13th
173 pounds, down three pounds, 5' 11" still, Nope, i didn't shrunk.

Eatables/Drinkables
1 quart of water with 2 spoons of salt in it
9 glasses of lemonade
1 mint tea
1 laxative tea
fed heavily on Haddayway,Howie Day and Eagles.

View Only Eatables/Drinkables
Blueberry Jam
Choclates from Leonidas
Burger King ad on TV looked tempting than ever before
Mixture
Boiled Egg
Daal and Rice

i woke up into a day of head ache. Nagging one. Persistant one. Not severe enough that it prevented me from doing anything, but not mild enough to ignore it. It was there when i opened my eyes, first thing in the morning and it was there last thing at night when i shut my eyes. It was there when i made my lemonades, it was there when I made mint tea, it was there when i watched Steelers win, it was there when i was driving, it was there when i was playing table tennis, it was there when i was serving rice and daal to dillibillies, it was there when i said good bye, it was there when i was talking to PGP, it was there when i was thinking of Kuttu, it was there till the last second of the day i remember. Boy! I haven't had such a dedicated head ache in my whole damn life! Like Herman Melville says, A megalomaniacal incarnation of all the headaches in the world!

As if headache wasn't enough, i was blessed with a "going" problem, aided and abetted willfully by the salt water cleansing, a litre of water with two spoons of salt in it, which i drank first thing in the morning going by "Master Cleanser". A "Going" problem is when you go to the bathroom and spend so much time in there that you feel like going out and the moment you get out you feeling like going back in again. You always want to "go", from or to, the bathroom. Talking about bathroom, there is an excellent podcast @ http://thewordnerds.org under archives called "Euphemisms". ..anyway my "going" problem wasn't as dedicated or persistant as "headache", to my great relief.

..I am concerned, if my head ache continues will i be able to work for the rest of the week? Will i be even able to drive? Will it get worse? Will I die? I am not giving up. Never, Never, Never, Never Give up.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home