Saturday, January 21, 2006

Detox Diary - Day Six - Rhythmic Expansion

o5:00 EST, Six days after Friday, Jan 13th
170.5 pounds, Gained! a pound from yesterday, down five and a half pounds from D-day, 5' 11"

Eatables/Drinkables
1 quart of water with 2 spoons of salt in it
8 glasses of lemonade
2 mint tea
1 laxative tea

Started of the day with "Shower Shock"! "Shower Shock" on a regular day really wakes me up in the morning, but when I am on a Detox-Lemonade-Diet and am already charged up and energetic, right from the second i opened my eyes this morning, i had concerns that "Shower Shock" would make me hyper.

..i am hyper if instead of walking down one/two steps down the stairs at a time, I fly down one flight at a time. I am hyper if i talk to my parents back in Mallu Land, in Malayalam, while I am on the second phone talking in English with Indian accent to my Boss at work while negotaiting thin patches of ice on the road and looking for Cops, who love giving me tickets.

..i am HYPER, if I am posting to two blogs simultaneously (while restlessly moving my legs, there my mildy shaking my hands and eyes and nose and head and the chair and the table and at times wondering if this mild commosion is caused by a milder earthquake) AND, all, while watching "Inside NFL" on HBO with captions turned on AND listening to NPR podcast of "As it Happens" with my right ear AND listening and jamming to Haddaway with my left. I some how feel and believe, this state of hyper activity is not desirable and it worried me that was what exactly, shower shock was going to do to me.

What is Shower Shock? Yeah, what the hell is it? Undefined in urbandictionary.com yet, but i have made a promise to myself to get this added soon to enrich the already the rich and the already not so rich! "Shower Shock" normally happens on chilly winter mornings. "Shower Shock" is when my shower, showers extreme hot and extreme cold water, intermittently, there by making me cry out 'UuUhh..' when hot water burns me and then cry out 'AHhhh' when cold water slices through me. If this showering sequence, happens 4 times or more in 42 seconds, then one is under "Shower Shock". Essentially it is a protest tactics deployed by intelligent under/over used showers on the showeree and it could potentially lead to hyper activity especially when he or she is on Detox-Lemonade-Diet ( which by in itself increases your level of activity)!!!

..so i kept my fingers crossed with a hyper control attitude in my mind. I had a glorious day. More re-enforcements to Detox-Lemonade Diet.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home